Trying CBD for the first time? We’ve outlined some things you should know, plus a general CBD dosing guide!
Do I need to eventually increase my CBD dosage?
No! One of the wonderful things about CBD is once you find your ideal dose, you can stay at this dose without the need to increase!”
For people new to CBD, it’s recommended to start with a smaller dose and then gradually increase until you find the right dose for you.
1. Start with a low dose of 5 – 10mg CBD, either 2 or 3 times a day.
Do this for an entire week, and be sure to keep notes on how you feel, your reactions, and your appetite. Try increasing the dose if you feel you need a larger dose.
2. Increase your dose amount by 5 – 10mg, and continue taking 2 or 3 times a day.
Again do this for an entire week and be sure to note your feelings, mood, and appetite during this time.
3. Repeat the second step until you find the right dosage for you!
How long will the CBD effects last? Keep in mind these times frames are general, and could vary for you.
- Oils / Tinctures – lasts 4 – 6 hours and has a fast onset
- Edibles / Capsules – lasts 6 – 8 hours and has a slow onset
- Vape / Concentrates – lasts 1 – 4 hours and has a fast onset
- Topical – results vary, but you can apply liberally