CBD Coconut Oil – What Is It?
Please review our FDA disclaimer!
What is CBD Coconut Oil
and why did Infusionz chose it as a base for our CBD MCT oil tinctures?
Maybe you’ve seen it on our site. Or in another CBD product. What is this trending CBD oil tincture?
Well, it’s just CBD Coconut Oil! Actually it’s really fancy coconut oil. MCT coconut oil varies from a coconut oil you may find in a grocery aisle. You can usually find MCT oil at any place that carries supplements, like your local vitamin shop or natural grocery store.
MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides, which are a type of saturated fat. They are found naturally in dairy products, as well as coconut and palm oil.
Here are some fun facts about MCT Oil
- MCTs are absorbed quickly by the body!
- MCTs don’t need the enzymes for digestion and absorption that LCTs require (1)
- So they go straight to your liver, are digested and absorbed quickly.
- Then they will either be used immediately for energy or turned into ketones.
- MCTs are also less likely to be stored as fat compared to other fatty acids (2)
- The three main types of MCTs
- caproic acid — 6 carbon atoms
- caprylic acid — 8 carbon atoms
- capric acid — 10 carbon atoms
Why MCT oil for our CBD oil tinctures?
First, it’s important to know that hemp cannabinoids are fat soluble versus water soluble. This means cannabinoids break down and are stored in fat, but they don’t in water. So with all CBD oil tinctures, it’s important to have an oil base.
So why did we chose to do CBD MCT Oil Tinctures?
- MCT coconut oil has no flavor!
- MCT oil absorbs quickly!
- They show great scientific promise in a wide range of areas!
MCT Oil G.I. Warning
Most people can consume moderate amounts of MCT oil or coconut oil and their bodies will tolerate it well. When excessive amounts of MCT/coconut oil are consumed, possible stomach discomfort, cramping, bloating, or diarrhea could occur.
Those with a sensitive gastrointestinal system should consider our CBD Capsules instead.
How to use CBD Coconut Oil
Our CBD Coconut Oils are tasteless which allows for easy consumption in several ways.
- For the fastest delivery – Place the desired amount of oil under your tongue for 90 seconds. Then swallow.
- Other delivery option – Mix the desired amount of CBD MCT Oil with your favorite food or beverage!
Starting a new CBD regimen? Take a look at our CBD Dosing Guide.
Leave a Comment